Need help with pellet stove!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GRRRRRRRRR

Jan 22, 2015
MA
Ladies and gentleman.. I have an issue with my new englander stove. The sides of the stove seem to be getting extremely hot on the exterior of the stove. The glass is also blistering hot. I dont remember it being this hot and its on the lowest setting. Stove has been in the house 4 years now. Could it be the blower not keeping up with the heat inside the firebox?

Well, bottom line is, full of dust or not and/or cleaned or not, the high limit will shut 'er down if the HX gets too hot anyway.

Back in the day, I could cook breakfast on the top of my old Englander when it was cooking along. (notice I said 'old' not 'new')......

It's probably nasty inside the cabinet anyway and full of ash in the venting............

Sidecar - let's not jump to conclusions. Welcome to the forum Grrrr... What model Englander stove? What convection blower setting are you running? What is your cleaning routine and when was the last time you did a deep clean of all the internal exhaust pathways and combustion blower? Changed pellets? It is possible that your convection blower is failing but need to rule out other issues...

okay...lets see...

Lets not pile on with observations of newcomers problems but give them the tools to help them get the problem resolved. Majority of the traffic to the forum is newcomers and they don't need unconstructive jabs. If the site does not get newcomers it will die like IBC did.

My new NPS45 is hot on glass and left side. Hopper also gets extremely hot. Right out of the box. I tell ya the glass will scorch yer fingers.

I've had to clean scorched pet hair off my glass when tails have brushed by. Any way to get temperature reads? There are magnetic thermometers that are inexpensive...

Amazon was offering a noncontact temp reader for around $15 by Nubee I think. They are great tools for stoves and finding cold leaks around doors, windows etc. Or use the laser for entertaining the cats.

Lets not pile on with observations of newcomers problems but give them the tools to help them get the problem resolved. Majority of the traffic to the forum is newcomers and they don't need unconstructive jabs. If the site does not get newcomers it will die like IBC did.
if I would have seen this pellet forum before buying my stove, I'm not sure if I would have bought one. as polar bear said, its not as bad as it sounds. I'm glad I bought my pellet stoves (used) and fixed some problems with help from here. Cant wait to get back up to camp (cottage) to get the pellet stove roaring. back to what I was going to mention, if a person isn't mechanically inclined or doesn't want to learn how a pellet stove works, it s not for them.

Reactions: dawg1419 and jss227
if I would have seen this pellet forum before buying my stove, I'm not sure if I would have bought one. as polar bear said, its not as bad as it sounds. I'm glad I bought my pellet stoves (used) and fixed some problems with help from here. Cant wait to get back up to camp (cottage) to get the pellet stove roaring. back to what I was going to mention, if a person isn't mechanically inclined or doesn't want to learn how a pellet stove works, it s not for them.
X2

Status
Not open for further replies.