need help with stove pipe for englander 13

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kartracer

Jan 5, 2009
Vale NC
I'm picking up an englander 13 this weekend for for my inlaws to install in their basement.My problem is,the ceiling clearance.It has about 11 inches from the drop ceiling to the clay thimble.Can someone point me in the right direction on who to buy from on line.I was going to run double wall pipe to the thimble due to clearances and try to find a double wall to single wall pipe adapter to run thru the thimble-will this work?

If not how can I shield single wall for the horizontal run to the thimble?All the shields I've seen say they are for vertical use only.

One more question.The thimble dumpd into an 8 inch masonary chimney,will this create too much off a draft/creosote problem.Thanks

Double wall has a clearance of 6". I'm wondering if you couldn't just run the double-wall right through the thimble?

Only problem is the inner diameter of the thimble is 6 and 1/4 inches and all the double wall pipe won't fit inside of it according the dimensions I've seen on the pipe.

J B Metalcraft will custom make any doublewall SS fitting or pipe you need & UPS it to you. Quality work/ very cheap prices. 717-354-5347

I expect that you have to run DW through the thimble, otherwise the part in the thimble will still be within 11" of the ceiling (combustible, I presume).

Status
Not open for further replies.