Need help with tiny stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyledoestheastro

Nov 21, 2015
New Hampshire
I have a tiny stove thats roughly 12x12x12" called "the cubic mini" and it has a 3" flue port. I need to go up a foot, through the wall, and up outside the house with the pipe. I cannot find 3" insulated pipe anywhere for running outside next to the house. Would it be unwise to use 5" or 6" pipe with a reducer?

I see your dilemma. The manufacturer does not seem to have installation information documented for this stove, at least none is posted online. How does one know the proper clearances, hearth and venting requirements?

That is a very small stove and 3" is more in pellet stove territory for venting. Will this stove be used strictly for cooking? If heating, how large an area?

Last edited:
Seems like a lot of trouble and expense for the amount of heat your going to get from a stove that small,probably require constant reloading as well. The larger stoves from that conpany look nice.
A good SS insulated flue pipe and installation cost plus ripping up the house probably puts this project in the "to costly to be practical " section. Not to mention how ugly those things look bolted to your house. Unless its a tree house.

I see your dilemma. The manufacturer does not seem to have installation information documented for this stove, at least none is posted online. How does one know the proper clearances, hearth and venting requirements?

That is a very small stove and 3" is more in pellet stove territory for venting. Will this stove be used strictly for cooking? If heating, how large an area?

It will be heating a very well insulated (so far we've kept it above 70° with a small space heater during recent 20° nights) 20'x8' tiny house on wheels.

Iv seen 4" insulated pipe ,at least its double wall, for water heaters. That would take up way less space than 5 or 6" pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.