Need information on what Pellet Stove I should go for!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowleyyy

Jun 29, 2008
Southern Maine
Hello, I have a few questions I was hoping the users on here could address for me! My Mum is going to be getting a pellet stove here pretty soon and she has talked to couple of places. They were suggesting a Mt. Vernon stove. First one was an AE Insert, my Mother did not like that and is dead set against an insert. So they suggested a regular Mt. Vernon Pellet stove. I saw some information in regards to a Napoleon NPS40 Pellet stove. It was a whole lot cheaper, the Mt. Vernon was approximately $5,000.00 for installation and everything. I just don't want her to be overpriced.

I also saw some videos on youtube with a guy going over the features on the Napoleon NPS40. It seemed very safe, innovative and clean. Thus, I really liked that choice. Unfortunately, I am very ignorant towards this alternative fuel, I know nothing about it. So, I was hoping someone could give me a run down on stove choices, price ranges and ultimately, the biggest concern, safety. Also, what would happen during a power outage? I heard something about it not working during a power outage. Does this have to have electricity to run? If so, does the battery pack automatically take over when the power goes out? Also, does the pellet stove thermostat regulate heat as well as other heat sources?

I know that pellet stoves release a poisonous gas, carbon monoxide. I don't think that it will be that big of a problem, especially with detectors.

So any information would be greatly appreciated, please and thank you's! =)

I saw that video. The stove looked good but i couldn`t find any info or reviews on it myself.
Nicely priced at $1826 too.
Here`s an authorized dealer (below) on Craigslist who has them for $1699

Good Luck,
John
Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2008-06-10, 5:47PM EDT

WWW.SUNWINDANDFIRE.NET
We are authorized Napoleon Dealers
Brand new in box, plenty in stock. Price includes the black door. Venting and hearthpads also available. Locally provided warranty

Pellet Stove NPS40 Accessories Specifications

Full BTU range from 8,000 to 43,000 (may vary depending on pellet quality)
Convenient top, front pellet loading for easy fueling
Automatic ignitor
Variable speed auger and variable speed blower provide maximum comfort and control
Heavy-duty, 1/8” thick, seamless heat exchange tubes radiate heat into the room even after the stove is shut down
High velocity and strategically positioned burn pot features aerodynamic pellet distribution creating full, active YELLOW DANCING FLAMES™
Four stage FAILSAFE™ system for your peace of mind, featuring an automatic blower over-ride switch, high temperature limit switch, low air pressure switch and power failure safety shut down
Easy push open access control panel
Hinged door for convenient access to combustion chamber for routine maintenance... no tools required!
Handy burn pot removal tool/rake
Built-in heat exchange cleaner rod maintains cleanliness and efficiency of heat exchange tubes
Extra large capacity ash pan for convenient, easy ash removal and maintenance
Zone heating home furnace
Clean glass air wash system
President’s Limited Lifetime Warranty

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 715230997

John

Status
Not open for further replies.