Need it identify model of insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

luv2bawitch

Feb 23, 2019
Jameson , Missouri
2975E40B-D2A5-469A-8E6E-74E174924F0C.jpeg 7E97CE2C-E495-46FA-82A9-8235C152BFF9.jpeg 64975AB1-6046-4342-85A7-9DFC57ADD91B.jpeg
i purchased my home 4 years ago and no information on the insert was giving to me , I’m needing to identify this stove so I can replace some much needed repair part , I need a baffle plate and a damper panel but can’t do this until I identify the make and model , any input will be graciously appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Resembles the old Black Bart except I never saw one with an ash pan door. The baffle plate can be made at any steel fab shop. I had them made at one for my old Sierra insert. Same for the panel on the damper rod but not sure how you are going to get the old one and the rod out of the stove.

Resembles the old Black Bart except I never saw one with an ash pan door. The baffle plate can be made at any steel fab shop. I had them made at one for my old Sierra insert. Same for the panel on the damper rod but not sure how you are going to get the old one and the rod out of the stove.
Thank you much appreciated

Pretty much guaranteed that chimney "connection" is that it was just pushed into the fireplace. What is called a "slammer". Somebody is gonna say it so I will just do it. That old hoss needs to be replaced with a newer, more efficient and safer insert.

I hated replacing mine after 21 years of faithful service in 2006 but have never looked back after getting more heat, halving my wood consumption and not packing my chimney with creosote that I had to chisel out of it every year.

Reactions: My_3_Girls
Pretty much guaranteed that chimney "connection" is that it was just pushed into the fireplace. What is called a "slammer". Somebody is gonna say it so I will just do it. That old hoss needs to be replaced with a newer, more efficient and safer insert.

I hated replacing mine after 21 years of faithful service in 2006 but have never looked back after getting more heat, halving my wood consumption and not packing my chimney with creosote that I had to chisel out of it every year.
. Good idea thank you

It’s got a flew that hooks to the stove then the hole in the bricks into the liner that goes into the chimney liner I believe
I don't understand how an insert would be hooked up in that way