Need manuals for old Jotul Firelight catalytic model

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ericfisher47

Hearth Supporter
Mar 11, 2007
I have an older catalytic model Firelight. I'm looking for manuals as I intend to take it apart this summer, replace all gaskets and whatever else, and (I hope) have it as good as new for the next burning season. I love this stove and I don't want to buy a new one.

I've looked on the Jotul website and there's no help. They won't call it an old stove, and will only give info for the new CB model.

Anyone know where to get this information?

Thanks in advance.

Call a dealer and have them contact Jotul. They should have the manual in thier "archive" and can probably fax or mail a copy of it.

Really the only thing of use in a rebuild that you get with the manual is the exploded parts diagram. If you pay close attention, or better use a digital camera, while you are taking it apart you will be fine putting it back together. There is nothing about rebuilding in the manuals. I rebuilt its little cousin the F3 CB last summer in a few hours that way.

Any advice you need along the way Elk or I could provide here on the Forum.

Welcome Eric. I had good luck getting a copy of the parts diagram for our old 602 from my local Jotul dealer . That sounds like the plan. It's great that you are happy with the stove. We don't hear much about Jotul cat stoves. Can you tell us a bit about how it works. What kind of temps do you run it at? How long are your burn times with hardwood(?) Please take lots of pictures of the rebuild and post them here.

Status
Not open for further replies.