Need picture of simplest eko plumbing with explanation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugar

Oct 12, 2008
East central KS
I've found some nice plumbing pics from a search but many only show a partial view. Some are very complex without explaination of whats going on. I'm installing in an outdoor shed and just really need something simple with allowance for extra things later. It's cold and I want to get my stove running asap. I can use either copper or black pipe. I have an EKO 25. I already have two - inch pex al pex lines and a conduit ran to shed. I have an old pipe threader and I bought the extra supply package from Cozy Heat. THankyou so much. Just wish I didn't have to do it in 8 degree weather.

Guess what I'm looking for is do I run the pipes to the side, overhead, around the corner. I need a good picture in my head to have any clue what I'm doing. do I need capped off tee's for future use.

I guessing that your not using storage so I'll give it a shot. I would use black pipe and seeing as its this late in the season, I would hook up the boiler with the bare minimum and start to run it. This does have a bunch of variables, like do you have well seasoned wood ready to go? If not then take your time and do it right, but if you do, run the least pipe you have to and then in the summer you can re plumb it by taking it apart and set it up to do the things you want to do. More specifics would help get you more specific answers.

see my boiler blog(bottom of this post) then you can ask me questions and I will try and help you I will also make some tags at work and take some more pics. I also got my boiler and extras from Dave @ cozy You can call me at 517-881-3954 if you need too.

Rob

taxidermist

I did see your website yesterday and it gave me relief. Your plumbing looks much simpler than others. I just wasn't able to see around the boiler or quite what you have on the wall directly behind your boiler. One other question up front is what is the short loop located directly ahead of your circulator on the return into the boiler?

I do have a fair amount of Osage Orange (hedge) wood that was dozed into a ditch six years ago. It's dry and possibly too dry. Hedge is about 32.9 MBTU/cord vs Oak at 24 MBTU. I only point that out since it seems like no one is familiar with it.

I don't have storage yet. Just a lot of really hot wood.

I appriciate the information.

That is a bypass to the danfoss valve(cold water return protection for boiler) I use this when I dont have a fire in the boiler and it is cold outside it allows water to circulate from my storage tanks in the house and not freeze my pipes or my boiler. I have been using this bypass for the last week because I had a overheat due to a blown controller fuse and it fried the temp probe and I have not recived my new one yet. The danfoss is like a thermostat in a car it opens when water reaches 140 and allows the hot water from boiler to mix with storage water which is cooler.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.