Need some help with central air condensation issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

kennyp2339

Minister of Fire
Feb 16, 2014
today I noticed that my one bedroom central air register in the ceiling is dripping from condensation. The vent is in the closed position but when I open it I can feel a noticeable draft, either the flex line has a hole in it or its not attached to the register properly. All other vents are fine, I can open them and not feel any pressure changes, its only the one bedroom. My question other then checking the for obvious disconnection of the flex is, can I wrap addition bare fiberglass insulation around the register connection? or do I have a bigger issue that might require a new flex run with a higher r value?

Sounds like its disconnected from the trunk line.

Sounds like its disconnected from the trunk line.
Thanks I hope so to, I got some really big zip ties to make an easy reconnect