Need Woodstock AS help, at wits end.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

brenndatomu

Minister of Fire
Aug 21, 2013
NE Ohio
I know OP is already over it, but the one thing I didn't see answered anywhere here is how big the splits are? These things seem to like 'em chunky.
I know I have read of others having similar issues from wood split too small, which can cause more rapid off gassing and firebox/cat being overwhelmed...especially if the MC is really low like the <15% that OP mentioned.

And once again. all this talk of low draft/high draft and nobody suggest buying an inexpensive meter to test it...that would have probably happened on the first page if this was posted in the boiler room.

Reactions: moresnow

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
Suggested at the beginning of page 2 but the thread went off on tangents. After all the hassles, I'm surprised Woodstock didn't require this.