Negative pressure

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

marty319

Minister of Fire
Nov 17, 2014
Belair mb
My place is so dusty that I bought a air purifier to try and get a handle on this.just wondering if this is going to cause issues with negative pressure.i have a oak that vents right up to the air inlet under the stove.im hoping it's OK to run this 24/7 along with the stove

20221105_075046.jpg

Perfect,thanks for reply,by the way I don't think this purifier works that good.wasn't cheap as well.

Indeed, you're not changing the amount of air in the home (or even in the room). So the pressure won't change.

I would avoid having it blow to the stove or oak gap.

Been there, done that. I smoke too, so that makes it harder to keep clean, but I dont live in a dump. you should be fine man....just clean it once in awhile.