NEO 2.5 Hearth and Double Wall

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Draughts15

Dec 23, 2020
Upper Midwest
Hello,

I think I made my decision and will be purchasing a NEO 2.5. The place I'm purchasing the stove from is also doing the install, but I'm hiring a contractor to install a surround and the hearth pad. This will be a corner install with ceiling height of 8 ft. I'm a little confused on the clearances needed. The attached references a double wall. The guy at the store wasn't much help. Do I need a double wall? Whats the benefit? I'm trying to maximize my living room area by keeping the hearth pad to a minimimum, meeting the requirements. It looks like my pad will need to come out either 50-3/8 in or 55-3/8 inches based on the wall.

SmartSelect_20210214-144951_Adobe Acrobat.jpg