Neo1.6LE Insert, flue collar?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

burnafterreading

Sep 29, 2019
North Puget Sound
Thank you all. A quick question; so the flue collar enables one to disconnect the insert from the liner (pre-insulated forever flex) to pull out the insert? I would imagine that this is accessed via removing the secondary baffle. Am I thinking correctly and any other tips or advice? Much appreciation.

Normally the attachment of the liner, via an appliance adapter is accessed by removing the surround so that the top of the insert is visible.

Why do you want to remove the insert? For liner cleaning it doesn't need to be removed. Just pull the baffle and put a rag in the secondary supply tube, then clean.

Reactions: Highbeam
Thanks BeGreen. The installers, not familiar with PE, did not know to close up the rear handle holes on the back. I got them to swivel around and used magnets to keep them closed. Anyway just wondering what is the easiest way to disconnect and pull because they had a bit of trouble getting the appliance adapter to line up with the flue collar. Perhaps its not its worth the trouble and just wondering what would be easier in any case of pulling out the insert.

Thanks BeGreen. The installers, not familiar with PE, did not know to close up the rear handle holes on the back. I got them to swivel around and used magnets to keep them closed. Anyway just wondering what is the easiest way to disconnect and pull because they had a bit of trouble getting the appliance adapter to line up with the flue collar. Perhaps its not its worth the trouble and just wondering what would be easier in any case of pulling out the insert.
Sounds like they may have needed a 15º elbow to line things up better.