Nestor Martin s33

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Have you tried contacting the home office for a suggestion?

Moved into a new house with a Nestor Martin s33 and we need new fire bricks on the side but can’t find them anywhere? Any ideas where to look?

@Kmoloughlin did you ever find a source? I have an Efel / Nestor Martin S33 in need of side firebrick and top baffle as well, and so far I cannot find a source. I bought the stove from Lehman's here in the US, and at the time they said they had a lot of spare parts, but my latest inquiry to them came up dry. My understanding is that the Nestor Martin factory in Belgium burned down a few years ago, and that Hergom had picked up the brand and manufacturing down in Spain. Hergom forwarded my request to the Nestor Martin team but I haven't heard back.

@precaud - I'm intrigued by your 2009 thread on custom firebricks and insulating panels (https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/materials-used-to-line-fireboxes-a-test.31062/), and it looks like you have/had a Nestor Martin heater... any guidance here on what material I might be able to source and cut to size for the side firebricks as well as the top baffle?

Anyone else have ideas for a source for custom firebrick that I can cut myself?

I haven't removed the cracked firebricks for fear of them just crumbling and leaving me really up a creek... but they appear to be about .75" thick and would be cut from around a 10x15" rectangle of what seems to be a lightweight firebrick. Top baffle seems to maybe be vermiculite and is a 1" thick trapezoid with 16" and 20" long edges and a depth of about 8".

Old threads. A response from kmoloughlin is unlikely. Only one posting. Haven't heard from precaud in a bit, but hopefully he's listening.
The best bet for OEM parts may be to have the items shipped from the UK, but start with contacting the home office via the link above.

Thanks @begreen. I've sent inquiries at the link above, as well as through a couple other channels... we shall see.

In the meantime, do you have any recommendations on the general question of sources for insulating firebrick or perhaps vermiculite panels? The angle I read here via @bholler on creating a form and casting my own panels might be my best bet, although I'd need to read up on which refractory cement to use to get a finished product closest to the insulating properties of the thin firebrick in these heaters. Thanks for any tips or pointers to relevant content around the forum!