New Auber AT200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ajayabb

Dec 10, 2017
Moorestown
Just replaced my Digital Condar cat probe with an Auber. Such an upgrade. The Condar was very glitchy and inaccurate. Would only give temps in increments of 500. The Auber has really helped me dial in my cat
b32b7945bb0574aa29c2d1995ba1be48.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like mine too. I just want a wireless thermocouple or thermocouple sending unit. If they make those stove top fans run seems like a short range sending unit wouldn’t be that hard.

Great idea - i did not realize the Auber probes worked at such a high temperature. I see the type K Washer Probe like mine can go to 1650F.

I use my probe to warn me when the single wall pipe exceeds temperature during startup since my Palladian has a way of quickly going nuclear.

Last edited:
I use my probe to warn me when the single wall pipe exceeds temperature during startup since my Palladian has a way of quickly going nuclear.
Same here. The probe pretty much parallels the surface meter I have lying on the rear-exit tee snout, but not always: Probe will go disproportionately higher with a burst of fire, until the flue meter can catch up shortly after.
The Ws (straight cat) probes are too long to accurately transmit the temp at the face of the cat all the way back to the dial. When that cat is glowing, it's a lot hotter than the 900 showing on the probe dial for sure. The Dutchwest and Buck 91 show 1200-1500 at that point.
The Dutchwest probe is only 1.5" or so. The Buck 91 probe isn't as long as the Fireview and Ks/Pl, but it's pretty long. I think the difference is that the Buck probe length goes to the front of the stove and is isolated more from the airflow; The Ws probe shaft extends back near the flue exit, and with all that air moving over the probe shaft, it can't help but end up displaying the exhaust temp instead of the cat face temp.
Man, I can't believe I haven't upgraded my temp feedback yet, with some electronics. That would be just the kind of thing I would have fun with, even though I can run just fine without it. ==c