1. Hardy

Hardy
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 8, 2019
    Loc:
    WA
    Hello All,

I have an Enviro Empress Free Standing pellet stove. Two months ago my auger motor went bad and I replaced it with the same 1 rpm motor (in fact, replaced with same manufacture's part # motor).
    Before I replaced the motor I could have it set on lowest setting (#1) and could keep the house around 67-68 degrees when the outside temp is around 36-40 degrees.
    Now, after new auger motor installed, it can be 34 degrees outside and in my house is 80 degrees on the lowest setting (#1).
    I am flying through a bag of pellets now, empty within 9-11 hours, where before, on lowest setting, it would last me almost 20-24 hours.

Have any of you had this issue before? How have you resolved it? Any tricks?

Thanks for the help,
    Hardy

2. heat seeker

heat seeker
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 25, 2011
    Loc:
    Northern CT
    Have you verified that the motor is indeed 1 RPM? (By actually observing and timing it?) It's also possible that the old motor was sluggish and not running up to speed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Ssyko likes this.
  3. Ssyko

Ssyko
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2017
    Loc:
    Lorraine NY
    Where did you get the motor. There are some venders selling with oem part numbers and the rpm’s are actually 1.4 not 1

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Flammam likes this.
  4. Hardy

Hardy
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 8, 2019
    Loc:
    WA
    I bought it from "Stove Parts 4 Less". They said it was a 1 rpm motor.

5. Ssyko

Ssyko
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2017
    Loc:
    Lorraine NY
    They seam to be on the level they indicate oem and aftermarket. Ive never delt with them myself but they look lagit. I would verify it is only turning 1 time in 60sec. Take a sharpie and mark the shaft and a spot thats next to it and use a timer just to make sure

bob bare likes this.
  6. Hardy

Hardy
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 8, 2019
    Loc:
    WA
    So I did this test and both times it was 90 seconds. That was on the lowest setting. Did I do it right?

7. Ssyko

Ssyko
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2017
    Loc:
    Lorraine NY
    90 seconds for 1 revolution? If the motor is a 1 rpm it should take 60 seconds
    /1 minute to go full circle 1 time. If the mark goes around and goes past the base mark about a 1/4 inch it would be a 1.4 rpm auger

heat seeker likes this.