New Bicentennial 76 Grandpa Owner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrutusBear

Nov 12, 2016
poconos
Hello there! I just bought a Fisher stove that I believe is yet another odd duck when it comes to the early stoves. It is a Bicentennial 76 GP. looks like it was a pa made stove from the letters and numbers on the bottom that were welded in. . ser# 1676. rear 8" .1 pc top.

Welcome to the Forum;
Not really an oddity, it was the first year for the double door stoves and yours sounds like a normal configuration of that model.
Here's PA # 786 to compare any changes.

#786 A PA Port Royal PA orig owner 1.jpg Port Royal PA original owner.

#786 A PA shows screen with 76 orig owner.jpg This was the correct time period screen style.

#786 A PA 5.JPG

Welcome to the Forum;
Not really an oddity, it was the first year for the double door stoves and yours sounds like a normal configuration of that model.
Here's PA # 786 to compare any changes.

View attachment 187914 Port Royal PA original owner.

View attachment 187913 This was the correct time period screen style.

View attachment 187915
Thanks for the welcome Coaly. I will upload some pictures when i can. No ball feet. Maybe they were removed. That is indeed the look. I am measuring to make a baffle for it and maybe a screen. Great info you have gathered.

Status
Not open for further replies.