New Boots

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elderthewelder

Minister of Fire
Got my new Red Wing Steel Toe boots back from the Line X dealer today, time to retire my old ones that are about 5 years old or so.

This is the 3rd pair I have had Line Xed . I wore the leather down to the steel on a pair i had about 12 years ago or so working on aluminum maintenance stands at work, down on my knees welding cracks dragging my toes across the aluminum decking with the little raised tits to help traction. after that have been having them LineXed, works great

I also use them when i am wood scrounging / splitting so I guess it counts as Gear, This pair is insulated and waterproof, my feet are going to be happy,

Scored them off Ebay for $100 shipped ($200 + at Red Wing), new in box with tags, $20 for the LineX, my company will reimburse me the entire cost:)

P1300005_zpsbd0b11fc.jpg

P1300007_zps7a7ef801.jpg

P1300001_zps16905b56.jpg

P1300002_zpsb61fdf85.jpg

That's a great idea I've never seen that before. Can't beat the price either

Status
Not open for further replies.