New Convection Blower in Quad

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

scagger

Oct 4, 2008
Central MA
So I finally decided to replace my convection blower in my Quad Castile insert. The past couple of years, it's been very noisy especially when cooling down. I didn't think anything was wrong with it because it still worked and it was just vibrating against the stove. I thought maybe the bearings were going and throwing it off balance because the sound would come and go. Anyhow, I replaced the blower and voila, no more noise. Yay! However, now one of my snap discs keeps tripping which I'll post in another thread.

My quad needs one also it getting pretty noisy. Had to add 2 zip screws to the housing to keep the rattling to a minimum.

My quad needs one also it getting pretty noisy. Had to add 2 zip screws to the housing to keep the rattling to a minimum.

Yeah I wedged pieces of foam under the sides to keep it steady, but eventually it rattled anyways. I finally gave in and bought a new one. It sucks that they're so pricey, but it was worth it.