New door gasket question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Welderman85

Feeling the Heat
Nov 1, 2017
Chesaning MI
Hello all I'm putting new door and window gaskets in my Avalon insert. Do I glue the new rope in or caulk or just push them in. Thank you

Not sure about your particular unit but when i replaced my gasket on my wood furnace i went from 3/8" to 1/2" "rope" style gasket. The larger gasket fit nice and tight in the groove in the door so I didn't bother with glue. I picked up a tube of gasket cement when I got the gasket material. It just seemed like it would be making more work for myself later on to have to clean out the old stuff next time the gasket needs changing. If your old one had glue or cement holding it in it might be a good idea to use it on the new one. If th old one comed out clean then it probably wasn't glued in to start with.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk