New double wall chimney question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

KB90

Nov 26, 2021
Central Illinois
I am venting my new blaze king princess stove. With how my ceiling trusses worked out, vs trying to keep my stove as close to wall as possible, I need about a 6” offset of double wall black pipe below ceiling. I see 2 45s give about 4-1/2” inches. Trying to keep things exact. Is there any way to get an inch or two extra without adding a 6 inch piece of pipe?

There are no shorter sections for an offset than 6" that I can think of. What brand double-wall stovepipe is this?

Just a quick couple of things I've noticed or done after burning my princess for a few years now, even though the manual states the closest to combustibles, I'd have the stove a hair further away for 2 reasons - the blower kit takes a bit of room and its nice to have that little bit of additional space for routine cleaning (like take the screws out and pop the whole 2 piece blower off for cleaning and oiling, if the stove is to close, its a hassle to get the torque bit in there. The second reason is the potential false setting on the T-stat, if your close to a non insulated masonry wall the coldness will make the stove burn on a higher setting, vice versa for sheet rock wall, the heat of the wall can absorb and the t-stat to close early, so the extra few inches of breathing room helps with overall performance.
Now onto the dvl... I used duravent w/ a telescoping piece straight up to the ceiling support box, I did have trouble connecting (tight seal) to the stove collar, so much so that when running the stove on high range, I could hear a whistle from the air sucking into the poor connection. I tried different adapters but for some reason the duravent adapters inside pipe was to small, so I got creative and found a double male single wall piece, trimmed it down a bit and screwed it into the collar (snug fit) then connected that to the dvl adapter (also snug fit) with the adapter on the dvl male end on the inside of the single wall male so any drips would go back into the stove...worked like a charm and no more whistle, very happy with it.