New ECO-65 issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MacGyver

Oct 15, 2014
Blind River, ON
Hi,

I just recently purchased the new model Eco-65 a few weeks back and have it installed in my basement. It's an open/unfinished basement. I don't feel it's sending out the heat as much as it should considering the pellets it's eating. After leaving it on all night at level 2 the thermostat will read about 117 degrees or so. I've contacted Drolet and they have said it's likely a faulty thermistor due to the fact that the temperature should be 20 degrees higher or so. I've now changed the thermistor and it hasn't changed anything - the problem isn't that the thermistor is faulty - the problem is that it is actually reading accurately. I've had it shut down on me 3 or 4 times now "error code L" and "one error code E". It will begin the ignition cycle and start up great but about 15 minutes later it starts to struggle and the fire will start to smolder. But once it's running hot it'll stay hot and run fine. I ran it on the highest setting the other day for a few hours and it read just over 200 degrees.

Before I call Drolet again, is there any advice anyone can give me about what I may be doing wrong? Or has anyone had a similar problem?

Thanks!

Section 4 of your manual is the troubleshooting section. Error codes L and E and their causes and fixes are listed there.

Have you tried running with different brand of pellets? I get a temp around 130c on setting 2 when I check with my infra red temperature gun

We have a drolet 45. We started with hardwood pellets based on the suggestion of the people we bought it from, turns out is burns much much much better with softwood. If hyfire is around, he has one of these, and can help out a lot. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.