New Eco Choice PS35 having problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Eternal10

Jan 8, 2018
SE PA
so I recently sold my P68 and replaced it with an Heatilator PS35. 4” pipe with Cleanout directly out the back 4 feet up a 90 and 2 feet thru the wall. Worked great with the P68. It worked well when I initially hooked it up but seemed not to be feeding enough pellets. Only put 3 bags they it so far. Last night tried starting it up and it would feed pellets then ignite and stop feeding. I can hit the reset and it will start feeding again. So I cleaned the thermocouple and vacuumed the stove. Also removed the control box and set it to 7 instead of 6. Still doing the same thing. Not sure what else to do. Again this is a brand new stove. Any help is appreciated

From the service manual https://downloads.hearthnhome.com/communications/ECO PELLET_consumer_serv_man.pdf

STOVE RUNS FOR 18 MINUTES -- THEN STOPS FEEDING FUEL
1) CHECK THERMOCOUPLE *GREEN LIGHT (2.7 mVDC) *RED LIGHT (12.0 mVDC)
2) ADJUST FEED ADJUSTMENT PLATE FOR LARGER FIRE
3) CHECK THERMOCOUPLE COVER
*COVER NEEDS TO TOUCH THE END OF THE T-COUPLE WIRE
*COVER SHOULD EXTEND 1” INTO FIREPOT
4) CHECK CONTROL BOX