New Econoburn 100 on it's way!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeeH

Mar 12, 2010
New Hampshire
I just placed my order for a new Econoburn 100! I plan on installing it myself and building my own storage tank, (must be the engineer in me).
I would like to use my current oil burner as a standby unit. I will probably be adding solar collectors next year because my town has a property tax exemption for solar energy.
I realize that this is alot to ask. But if you were in my position and had to start all over again, what would you do differently?
Thanks!

There have been several posts dealing with if someone was going to start from scratch, what would they build. Here is one I found https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/39115/

Look around at the older posts in the Boiler Room and you can start to make your plan. Your at the fun stage deciding on what, how and deciding how much you want to spend.

There was a post with your exact question "What would you do differently?" fairly recently, that had some good answers to that question. I'm not sure how you might find it with the search function, but it's there, and I think you'd appreciate it if you could find it. Good luck with your installation.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.