New England Pellet LLC. Enfield/Suffield Ct.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DiggerJim said:
Why are you involved in this thread?

How long have you been involved in the pellet or corn stove industry?

In the meantime, have a cheery day.
Jim

I ordered from New England Pellet LLC

involved with pellets for 4 seasons

several years experience in large business

I found this thread on google and am not sure what to do at this point. I live in Enfield about two miles from the warehouse and purchased 3 tons July 15th via paypal for $250/ton. I thought I was waiting a long time, but it seems there are many before me in line. Then again, I paid much more! The Paypal receipt said Delivery to be within 30 days, but as others have said, I think it's too late to make a claim w/ them.

Up till now, I've put faith in the recording they had on their machine saying July shipments would be delivered in November, but now I'm worried that won't happen. I haven't called to complain; however, I did send a couple of polite e-mails stating that I wouldn't have a problem taking a partial delivery as long as I receive the rest by January. No answer!

So what do we do now? I'm not close to Enfield during the day, but I'll see if something's there when I drive by at 5pm.

It sounds like if something is going to be done, we'll have to do it in a group. From getting our money back to finding another supplier.

Welcome to the board, D13! ;-)

Short/sweet update...I also live in Enfield. We purchased 4 tons the first week of June/new delivery date (after several broken promised dates) is now the first week of Dec. However. they did call us mid-Sept. to let us know they were delivering 1 ton on Sept. 29, which they did do. This was, as they said, to hold us over due to their backlog. The remaining 3 tons would be delivered by the end of October. Did not happen. I end with this...we are moving forward with getting our remaining order. Slow, but better than nothing. Good Luck...

they had trucks around where they keep the pellets.it looks like there's not that many there.

matchstickchick said:

Short/sweet update...I also live in Enfield. We purchased 4 tons the first week of June/new delivery date (after several broken promised dates) is now the first week of Dec. However. they did call us mid-Sept. to let us know they were delivering 1 ton on Sept. 29, which they did do. This was, as they said, to hold us over due to their backlog. The remaining 3 tons would be delivered by the end of October. Did not happen. I end with this...we are moving forward with getting our remaining order. Slow, but better than nothing. Good Luck...

How do you know you are "moving forward with getting" your remaing order? Because he delivered one ton?
We don't know what to believe from this company is the bottom line.

As Ive been following this thread since it started I just called and cancelled the balance of my pellet order (I bought 3 tons in late July)-- I also cancelled my Harman stove that was due in "next month"- This fiasco convinced me that I dont need to deal with all of this---Its just not worth the aggrevation...
I now have a ton of pellets that I paid $335 delivered for sitting in my garage. They would only refund the price I paid for the two tons they couldnt deliver ($250/ton) and not cut me a break on the $85 delivery charge even though they couldnt come through and deliver in the promised timeframe. I did them a favor by cancelling the balance of my order and I still lost. No problem- Thankyou so much for letting me support your great company by loaning you $835 for 4 months Hope you put it to good use... I await the credit on my card...
By the way- Im having a bon fire party in my backyard-- Im gonna start the fire with $100 bills and keep it going for a week in memory of this company with the ton of pellets that they actually got to me... Karma.

splash...Whoa, whoa now. Breathe...

I kept my post general because I chose to. We ARE moving forward, like I mentioned above. That's all anybody needs to know for now.

Have a great day! :)

matchstickchick said:

So once again, Mr. Zaczynski is LYING. He's not doing the first come first serve. I orderd 4 tons in May and haven't seen one lick of it. Shouldn't matter if I live farther away than some others. I'm curious - did you pay more than $205 a ton?

Like I said, I'll keep everyone updated on the supposed delivery date on Saturday.... Won't hold my breath though.

shorti21 said:
matchstickchick said:

So once again, Mr. Zaczynski is LYING. He's not doing the first come first serve. I orderd 4 tons in May and haven't seen one lick of it. Shouldn't matter if I live farther away than some others. I'm curious - did you pay more than $205 a ton?

Like I said, I'll keep everyone updated on the supposed delivery date on Saturday.... Won't hold my breath though.

I agree with you completely. No rhyme or reason. $230/ton-shipping included. Prices went higher as the months went on, just like most other places that sell pellets.

I paid $250 a ton in July and I think $30 or something for Delivery. It sounds like the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Unfortunately I'm not the kind of guy who gets all bent out of shape. So I've decided that I'm going to have my wife handle this. This guys life is now going to be hell! I love my wife and am happy to always be on her good side. I feal for those who aren't!

DiggerJim said:
iceman said:
apples and oranges yes
however they are a much bigger company and it seems they ran into so of the same issues
But pelletsales dealt with it in a radically different way. They actually talked to their customers, they didn't charge the credit cards, they stopped taking new orders. Wow, how about that for a novel business approach - don't sell something you don't have and don't take people's money when you can't get them what they bought.
and i am sure if your phone was ringing all day eventually you get frustrated and dont answer either.. just look at how long this thread is and this is prolly not even 5% of the people calling!! He made a mistake period thats it... i just hope he can get the pellets delivered before it really gets cold...
He didn't make a mistake, he made dozens, hundreds of them. Every single time he told someone they were getting their order "this week", every time he told someone he wouldn't charge their card until they shipped while knowing the charge had already been processed, every time he deleted the emails without answering...he was making "a mistake" over & over & over again.

How many of those calls would have not been made if he were up front and honest? The calls are because he didn't answer the phone, because he lied about deliveries and charging for product before delivery. As people have noted, they've had to call dozens of time. So, if he was overwhelmed by the phones ringing it was because he was getting dozens of times more calls than he would have had he just been straight with people.
but like i mentioned before... this guy was WAY cheaper than anyone ...
so he didnt have enough staff to answer phones and emails that was how he was going to save everyone money...
charging your card seems to me that he was new/ and didnt want to take a loss..
He wasn't new - he's been in business for over a year. Besides, that justifies fraudulent business practices? You seem to have an incredibly low ethical threshold for the businesses you deal with. Hope it works out for you.
looks like he will lose a lot business next but seeing how long this thread is....
wonder how many people ordered that dont visit us...
Are you suggesting that the business he loses here isn't material because lots of other people haven't read this so can still be suckered?
i would bet he is trying to deliver 30000+ tons and can only get truckloads from new england pellet of 22 a truck hell say 10000 and got 4 trucks a week how long would it take to get to 10000?
Maybe, but logistical planning is part of owning a business. At best he's a lousy businessman and should close the doors. At worst he's a crook and should close the doors. In either case, he probably should get the heck out of the business. Unless of course he believes in Barnum's old adage and figures there are still plenty of suckers left out there.

Honestly, your ongoing defense of this guy smacks of some sort of relationship. Maybe you could suggest that he be a standup guy and fly right from now on. (Nice to see that 4 months after his business imploded he's decided to stop taking orders...if that's true in fact, hard to believe considering his stories' track record of honesty so far.)

i don't agree with his ways but being in business for a year and then the boom well... what more can i say.. pelletsales is much bigger than him.... people are getting pellets as seen in this thread.. i understand the frusatration and if i was in your situation i would probably be pissed like many of you too.. no he isn't perfect and he isn't getting it done the way we would like ...
but what if ... there are many people that are getting pellets... what if he was just a small business got a contract and THOUGHT HE COULD HELP OTHERS BY OFFERING CHEAP PELLETS ... maybe that was his goal and thats why there is barely any overhead.
should he have hired more done whatever to us happy yes.. but the gas prices this summer and the way pellets went up matbe he couldn't afford to... we don't know all we know is its nov and many of us don't have pellets....
i said before to those who could try to go get them as a few others did...
i honestly don't think he was trying to scam anyone i think he got in way over his head taking orders should he have stopped in sept absolutly....
but lets be real..... he can't go anywhere.... he is now WAY TO BIG to try and "steal money" and run... he just can't keep up with supply and demand....
most stores in this same area get 1 truck load of pellets a week maybe 2 and they are gone in a day... who is buying them??????
its not you people in this thread.. point is the demand for pellets is extremely high.. and for wood also...
no i am not in his bed and don't need to quit for anything...
i know many are pissed like i said earlier and yes he has done wrong...... but remember at one time this fall many people were predicting pellets to hit 400 tn too ... someone mentioned he is get turckloads from newp DAILY!!! how many other places can say that.... not even HOME DEPOT is getting that so i can only imagine how many orders he is trying to fill..
it would be worth it for those who got the 205 tn to go pick it up or get 1 tn and request refund...
starting pming each other maybe you can get together rent a uhaul and pick it up??? i know you might not want too but at 205 and wait till dec i would try to get something.....
maybe call the news and everyone show up at the doorstep in enfield???? make him answer
he isn't right but we aren't perfect either....
i spend much time in the wood side and around here many wood guys have sold out already and much of the wood being sold is GREEN and they are still getting people for 240+ for green stuff...
i do have a pellet stove as well... and i have about 10 bags as wood is primary for me .. i went to hd 44 tons told wifey i'll come sat (it was thur) to get a ton or 2 and gone that was 3 wks ago and everytime i call none....reason why i didn't get them from this guy missed the 205 deadline and prices went up like oil so i said i would wait it out...
if i had prepaid like you yes i would be highly upset.... but i have been chasing pellets and there aren't a lot out there thats why i try to tell you guys to go get them or hold out

johnnywarm said:
they had trucks around where they keep the pellets.it looks like there's not that many there.

remember i said i didn't think he had alot of trucks and the ones he had didn't look like they could carry a lot???
i am sure that is a big part of it too... thtas why people should call and see if they can get them...
if he says yes and then the place is empty then hell yes he is trying to scam but if he said sure come get them and you do then maybe that person could explain to us whats really going on...is it his supply or he just can't get out fast enough
maybe he is delivering far away first nj ny due to weather ... meaning if he did us first then the weather hits forget about trying to travel down there but local you can still make deliveries???
i don't know just hope these people get their stuff

mr. zaczynski is not a liar. there are still orders being filled from april, may, june, and july. the company has been trying to play catch up because the pellet manufacturer is producing as many pellets as they should be to fill the orders. new england pellet is delivering the pellets to the customers and quickly as they get them in. and people who have scheduled pick-ups are receiving the pellets that are on the grounds. every ton of pellets they get in already has a specific place in which it is going too. The workers at the office try to get back to as many calls they can during the day. And it works best to on the message leave your name, when you ordered, and town you are coming from. You get a much quicker response. And as for the money situation with everyone New England Pellet ALWAYS offers a full refund back, unless you have already received at least a partial of your order in which your locked into the delivery price.

D13 said:
I paid $250 a ton in July and I think $30 or something for Delivery. It sounds like the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Unfortunately I'm not the kind of guy who gets all bent out of shape. So I've decided that I'm going to have my wife handle this. This guys life is now going to be hell! I love my wife and am happy to always be on her good side. I feal for those who aren't!
ROTFLMAO!!! My wife is like that too. When we were building our house my wife was all over the builder (he ended up finally breaking ground about 2 wks before he was supposed to be finished by contract...we moved in 5 1/2 months late!). He met me one day and said he wouldn't deal with her anymore and I had to get her to back off. I told him all he had to do was honor his word, do what he said he would and she'd be his best friend but no way was I going to tell her to back off if he wasn't delivering on his commitments. :)

Mr. Z has lied to many of the people posting here includng myself. Noone answers the phones there and e-mails go unanswered. He took peoples money in May and has not delivered 6 months later. He never notified customers that he would be unable to deliver what he sold them. In my book that makes him a liar and a crook. I think the courts will agree and he will be getting multiple summons' delivered to him soon. He is causing hardship for many families who are already struggling in this economy to keep food on the table and heat their homes for the winter. May was a long time ago. He is a crook.

He is not a crook. and he hasnt lied. but its very hard to meet the demand of the public. new england pellet wasnt expecting such a hardship this year at all. and hes not just taking peoples money and not giving them anything. the people in the office try to answer the phones and get back to messages as fast as they come in. people dont understand how crazy this entire business has become. that is why new england pellet isnt even dealing with the public next season. mr zaczynski is trying to fulfill the publics demand as fast as he can but theres only so much he can control. new england pellet llc does not actually make the pellets at the enfield building, just distributes them.

WHEN HE SOLD PELLETS HE DIDN'T HAVE AND KNEW HE COULDN'T GET HE WAS BEING DISHONEST. WHEN HE REPEATEDLY PROMISED DELIVERY AND NEVER SHOWED UP OR CALLED HE WAS LYING. WHEN HE CONTINUED SELLING PELLETS AFTER HE SOLD WAY MORE THAN HE COULD POSSIBLY DELIVER IN SEPT AND OCTOBER HE WAS BEING DISHONEST. LAME EXCUSES DON'T CUT IT WHEN YOU ARE CAUSING HARDSHIPS FOR FAMILIES. IN 30 DAYS I WILL SUE HIM FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT AND FRAUD UNLESS I GET WHAT I ORDERED AND PAID FOR IN MAY. WHEN YOU TAKE SOMEONE'S MONEY THAT IS A CONTRACT.

pellet girl said:
He is not a crook. and he hasnt lied. but its very hard to meet the demand of the public. new england pellet wasnt expecting such a hardship this year at all. and hes not just taking peoples money and not giving them anything. the people in the office try to answer the phones and get back to messages as fast as they come in. people dont understand how crazy this entire business has become. that is why new england pellet isnt even dealing with the public next season. mr zaczynski is trying to fulfill the publics demand as fast as he can but theres only so much he can control. new england pellet llc does not actually make the pellets at the enfield building, just distributes them.

Either you work for him or know him personally. He has lied - multiple times. If you read previous posts, letters sent from the manufacturer of the pellets prohibits him from selling certain products in MA/CT yet his website never clarifies that. When I spoke to him in person on Monday, he lied and said there was a fire last week at one of the factories - never happened. He lied and said he can't give out what he doesn't get, yet the manufacturer states he gets 3 trucks loads A DAY!!!! He's a liar and a fraud. Poor business practices all around. He's delivering pellets to people that placed orders in June/July - but they paid a higher rate. I paid in May - nothing yet. Sounds like poor business practices to me. If you can't meet the demand, then don't take the orders. I'd love to know the interest he's gotten on the money his had sitting in his bank account since May!!!

. And as for the money situation with everyone New England Pellet ALWAYS offers a full refund back, unless you have already received at least a partial of your order in which your locked into the delivery price.[/quote]

So this is why people are getting one ton delivered now.the rest in may.

shorti21 said:
pellet girl said:

Either you work for him or know him personally. He has lied - multiple times. If you read previous posts, letters sent from the manufacturer of the pellets prohibits him from selling certain products in MA/CT yet his website never clarifies that. When I spoke to him in person on Monday, he lied and said there was a fire last week at one of the factories - never happened. He lied and said he can't give out what he doesn't get, yet the manufacturer states he gets 3 trucks loads A DAY!!!! He's a liar and a fraud. Poor business practices all around. He's delivering pellets to people that placed orders in June/July - but they paid a higher rate. I paid in May - nothing yet. Sounds like poor business practices to me. If you can't meet the demand, then don't take the orders. I'd love to know the interest he's gotten on the money his had sitting in his bank account since May!!!

you are someone i def agree should be mad if people who ordered after you are getting tham yes you should be
but the one good thing is thank god its not cold yet..

the price of oil being what it is,i would want my money back now in full.

obie25 said:
Well..with all this concern regarding this company. My wife and I just requested a refund on our money. We did end up speaking to someone in the office and she did state that we were scheduled to receive pellets at the beginning of December. Anyway we requested a refund and she stated they would refund our money this afternoon. My wife asked how we would get pellets when there were people still waiting who were supposed to get pellets in June and July...that's when they offered the refund.

Did you get your Refund????

johnnywarm said:
. And as for the money situation with everyone New England Pellet ALWAYS offers a full refund back, unless you have already received at least a partial of your order in which your locked into the delivery price.

So this is why people are getting one ton delivered now.the rest in may.[/quote]

The words FULL REFUND are misleading-- Transparently it looks like a good will gesture to get the customer 1 ton and maybe it was at first-- but it further financially locks the customer into the deal when they feel they cant cancel because partial delivery has been made AND there are NO REFUNDS on delivery charges regardless of fault once that first ton is dumped..The honest solution would be to offer a prorated delivery to unhappy customers who are being gracious and backing out of a lower contract price and in turn NEP can develop some sort of scheduling system where the office staff can actually tell expectant customers WHEN exactly their delivery is expected rather than comments like "who knows" and "should be"...

profitone said:
johnnywarm said:
. And as for the money situation with everyone New England Pellet ALWAYS offers a full refund back, unless you have already received at least a partial of your order in which your locked into the delivery price.

So this is why people are getting one ton delivered now.the rest in may.

The words FULL REFUND are misleading-- Transparently it looks like a good will gesture to get the customer 1 ton and maybe it was at first-- but it further financially locks the customer into the deal when they feel they cant cancel because partial delivery has been made AND there are NO REFUNDS on delivery charges regardless of fault once that first ton is dumped..The honest solution would be to offer a prorated delivery to unhappy customers who are being gracious and backing out of a lower contract price and in turn NEP can develop some sort of scheduling system where the office staff can actually tell expectant customers WHEN exactly their delivery is expected rather than comments like "who knows" and "should be"...[/quote]

I would get all my money refunded now.wait till next year.oil seems like it will be low for this winter.things can change but its a gamble i would take.i do believe pellets will come down allot because of oil dropping and the problems people are seeing in getting pellets.

I also believe because of this type of problems getting pellets at almost any cost,you will see a Glut of pellets stoves for sale next spring.

I went from being pellet happy to a wood burner over night.i found it easy to get wood then pellets this season.

I really want to see all the great members here get what they payed for and get it now.i dont want to see a closed sign on there door with everybody money in there pockets and the pellets sold to a wholesaler for cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.