"NEW ENGLAND" PELLETHEADS START YOUR STOVES!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This would have been the weekend to start this post especialy in northern N.E. and Canada!

Just had to fire up the empress today! was in the low 40's last night, and no sun today so the house was a little chilly. It's getting to be nice and toasty here now though!

Stove is on here as well!
About 45 out and a toasty 73 1st floor where the stove is.
About 70 at the top of the stairs and 66 in upstairs bedrooms.
Will be installing some computer type fans in the next few weeks.
Should be getting our 4 tons in a couple of weeks.

Great to be warm and not burning oil!!
I am loving it!!

rap69ri said:
DiggerJim said:
lessoil said:
Living room (Small Cape) went from 65 to 75 in 25 minutes.
Until my living room goes to 55, my wife won't let me turn on the stove. She seems unconvinced by my argument that running it sooner would allow us to go (semi)naked - prefers layers of flannel instead :)

Why just semi??? ;-)

Probably cold leather couches.

I have had mine on a couple of mornings already but don't need it for more than a few hours... I am in rhode island so not sooo bad yet but we like the coziness of it so we have been burning... This is our first year...

Debi

We had our Harman Accentra Insert running last night for about 2 1/2 hours. Second burn for us, first was a test burn two weeks ago. It was a little chilly last night (low/mid 40's), so it was quite toasty in our living room where the stove is. Took the chill off quite fine! Down the hall, the bedrooms were of course cooler, but with a fan pushing the heat down there, it wasn't too bad.

We've been running ours the last couple of days on a low setting. Temps been dropping in to the high 30's in the night, and barely breaking 60 during the day - been leaving it on a maintenance burn during the day, to just add a little bit of heat to the house, so the house doesn't drop below 62 or so.

Looks like after tonight though the day temps will finally creep back up in to the high 60's and 70's.
I'll then switch it back off.

It dropped to 35 in my area. I woke up this morning to my bedroom freezing (Not turning on my Oil boiler). I thought that something happen to the stove. I opened the door to my bedroom and felt the toasty warm air of the stove (I have to remember to leave by bedroom door open). Down stairs it was 76 and upstairs it was 71. I have the stove setup for automatic and it is running on Low. I plan to have it set back to 68 when no one is home. Then back to 76 all other times. I really love this stove. No more threats from my wife about leaving me with the kids if I don't turn the heat up (I used to keep it at 68 during the day and 58 at night and when no one is home. And it still cost me 2300 dollars to heat me home last year). It was so bad that my co-workers said that I should give my family the gift of heat this Christmas.

i hear that. my wife would wear a parka and ear muffs and tell all the family memebers i wouldnt turn the heat on. i kept the tsat at 64 which is deceiving with in floor heat and our lp bill was still 4-500 a month. not any more. the house has been 73-75 with the stove on low. the wife is happy and the inlaws are off my ass. who would think those little pellets could bring so much happiness. the end.

Woke up to ice in the bird bath, golden flame in the stove. Home toasty warm, furnace off (3/4 tank of oil left from last year) S W E E T !

Status
Not open for further replies.