New England Premium Woo Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

itworks

Jul 23, 2008
Southwestern CT
Just came up from my garage where I have 5 tons of NEWP stored. Read a couple of the bags with my glasses on and noticed something very odd. The bags state the pellets are premium grade made from 100% wood, but they don't mention if it's hard or soft wood. Visited NEWP's site... www.pelletheat.com , and it's the same thing. My bags are a tan color with dark brown printing and logo. Anyone have any thoughts if these are hard or soft wood pellets, and why NEWP would omit this information. I've used them in the past and don't have any older bags left so I don't know if this is a new situation. I'm not complaining I've always been pleased with NEWP's, but it just seems odd this detail is omitted from the bags & website.

This was posted by "GVA" some time ago, it seems that the color of the lettering on the bag indicates which plant they came from, and what kind of wood was used:

"The hardwood have brown lettering on the bag
the softwood have green lettering on the bag
BOTH are premium.
They never made the softwood pellets they just bagged someone elses pellets."

itworks said:
The bags state the pellets are premium grade made from 100% wood,

So they dont contain corn anymore? I had some last year the said something like " may contain corn" - Not whole pieces of course, but ground up as an additive in the pellets.

New England Premium Wood Pellets [tan bag with burgundy ink] are made predominantly from hardwood, however, they may contain up to 15% softwood.

Thank you,
Alyson
New England Wood Pellet LLC

NEWP-Alyson said:
New England Premium Wood Pellets [tan bag with burgundy ink] are made predominantly from hardwood, however, they may contain up to 15% softwood.

Thank you,
Alyson
New England Wood Pellet LLC

Thanks for the info Alyson. It's nice to see more company reps on the forum, and willing to answer questions. Hope even more start doing it.

I have 3 tons of NEWP (tan bag w/ burgundy ink) and am looking forward to burning them this winter.....have heard only good things about them.

i picked up a ton of these over the weekend. we'll see how they work!!

Status
Not open for further replies.