New England Wood Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kniffin50

Aug 9, 2008
in the notch- ct.
Has anyone used this brand? I can get them local at $285 a ton. Thanks Rusty

Look at the sticky "re-branded pellets"
New England Wood Pellets = Green supreme
Lowe's sells them up here for 239/ton
save yourself the money. Try a few bags before you commit to multiple tons.

$285 seems high for NEWP. I used them for two years and they were fine, but a little more ashy and not as hot as what I use now. Lots of folks around here have hate for them. They have 3 manufacturing plants. I'm not sure which plants sells them rebagged as "Green Supreme" but from what I've read, the pellets in the NY plants aren't as good quality-wise as the ones from the NH plant.

Hated em. Burned dirty and minimal heat. Bought a few bags another year and they burned well. Not a very hot pellet though.

Junk...... Just my 2 cents worth

neighbor, find some Stove chow or Fireside Ultra's from Home Depot, Lowes in Bloomfield has thousands of Green Supreme/Newp.......chit pellet, unless made in NH

Thanks guys, first year with this.I did buy a skid of la cretes today.Got established with local dealer.Got my willie wonka golden ticket so I can come back and get more out of there selection when needed. But Ido plan on getting to the depot for stove chows. Thanks Rusty

Thanks guys, first year with this.I did buy a skid of la cretes today.Got established with local dealer.Got my willie wonka golden ticket so I can come back and get more out of there selection when needed. But Ido plan on getting to the depot for stove chows. Thanks Rusty
Congrats you will love the "creates". Great pellet, cheap bag........

Reactions: Pete Zahria
My Italian stallion stove require an enema after one bag of the dreaded NEWPS!

Reactions: fmsm
I personally have had good luck with NEWP bagged as Green Supremes from the NY plant. I burned 3 tons of them last year and just had 4 tons delivered for this year from Lowes. $215/ton with Lowes Credit Card discount.

Reactions: Peterfield
How much is the original price of ton without Lowest Credit Card discount?
thanks in advance for the response;lol;lol
If you buy 50 or more bags the contractor pricing bring it to $239/ton. The credit card promo was 10% off your first purchase for new customers. If you already had the lowes card it was 5% off making it $227/ton.

How much is the original price of ton without Lowest Credit Card discount?
thanks in advance for the response;lol;lol
Like this matters down under?

Status
Not open for further replies.