New Englander 25-pvdc wont start and has no error codes - control lights stay on for approx. 15 -20 seconds.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I recently thoroughly cleaned and repainted our stove, replaced some outside piping, and fixed the outside air intake in the wall ( previous owner did a janky job ). Stove has run fine for over a month, but this morning I had nothing on the display. I unplugged the stove, plugged it back in and the control panel lights stay on for maybe 15 to 20 seconds and then go out. The control panel will not accept any input in that time span so I can't even put it in diagnostic mode to see what I can find.

I've search the forums and found one post similar put seems the conversation stopped without revealing anything of use. If someone can even suggest a starting point I'd really appreciate it.

When you say it won't accept any input, is that just the on button or any button (the lower 3 should give you something if you try to press them). If its just the on, you have a bad button on the board and unless you feel comfortable with component replacement, you'll need a new board. Of course, that would be the case if none of the buttons do anything. Might be worth a call to Englander, the few times I've had to call them they were pretty helpful.

Eric