New St. Croix Hastings Initial Start Up Problem, Control Panel Stays On HELP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Perrard

Oct 11, 2011
Pennsylvania
We just installed a new St. Croix Hastings unit and after everything was set up, we plugged it in...

Control panel turned on, lights 1,2,4,5 stayed lit constantly. Auger started dropping pellets and I thought we got a winner here...

I figured something was ammis, so I tried to press the on/off button on the control unit to shut it off. No go.

The control panel was non-responsive so I had to unplug the unit.

Waiting about 30 seconds, then I plugged it back in. Lights 2,4 stayed lit, same action from the unit (the blower was working as well in all cases).

No response from the control panel again. I tried a third time, same problem as the first time....

Is my control panel broken or are we doing something wrong? I can't find any technical information telling me why I get these lights on and why "all" the other buttons do not repond at all.

Any suggestions or help? Thanks!

Best thing to do of its a new unit, is call your dealer...

Do you have a Surge Protector on your stove? These stoves have very delicate electronics in them. Just the slightest in power surges can be bad for them.

Sounds like a board. I have Zero experience with St. Criox, but if I had to guess.... If its brand new, then the board is covered under warranty.

Have you tried calling the dealer? What did they say? If not, give that a shot 1st. This is a good place to find info on how to fix/clean/maintain your stove. But is no replacement for warranty work... IMHO

My Afton Bay control panel acts "dead" while it's in startup mode, seems to be normal. I don't get any red lights on until it sees the proof of fire switch, though, unless there's a problem. Even then, I only get one red light, depending on the problem (#2 for no vacuum, etc.) Once it's actually running, I just get the one red light for the heat level I selected.

You may have to leave it unplugged for some minutes in order to reset it. It's been a while, but I seem to remember leaving it unplugged for a short time didn't reset it - it has a bit of memory time. Try leaving it unplugged for 15 minutes or so. I seem to recall having a similar problem when it was new (to me, bought it used).

I will flog the gray cells and try to remember the issue I had a long time ago, but I do recall that it cleared itself, and I think leaving it unplugged for a while did the trick. If I can recall, I'll post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.