new guy from Michigan who just rescued a fisher mama bear

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sauto1985

Oct 11, 2015
Michigan
20141130_094225.jpg Im a new guy from michigan who just rescued a fisher mama bear from a friends garage. He wasnt using it was just in a corner with junk piled on it. I started doing some research and that led me to this awesome forum. My plans are to restore it and use it in my home shop (garage). Scored for a hundred bucks. Also plan on installinga baffle. Many questions already answered by just readin

Attachments

• 10101517381.jpg
    10101517381.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 267
Welcome to the Forum;
Nice find. You'll find cleaning it up, painting and firing goes quick.
Woodman's has the handle spring you need in nickel; stock # RH-LDN
After you paint the draft caps, wipe the edges with thinner to remove paint like the original finish. Your caps look like the brushed aluminum, so a wipe with Scotchbrite on the edge gives it the final touch.

Reactions: sauto1985
Welcome to the Forum;
Nice find. You'll find cleaning it up, painting and firing goes quick.
Woodman's has the handle spring you need in nickel; stock # RH-LDN
After you paint the draft caps, wipe the edges with thinner to remove paint like the original finish. Your caps look like the brushed aluminum, so a wipe with Scotchbrite on the edge gives it the final touch.
Thanks for the heads up on the part I definitely want it as original looking as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.