new guy with an install questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Lyvewire

Jan 9, 2017
New Hampshire
installing a stainless liner into existing chimney. existing thimble at the hearth is 6 inch, with the new liner being 4 inches. How do I properly make this transition ?

Did you ask the liner manufacture if they offer a kit for the thimble?

A 4" thimble connection seems very small. What is the required flue size from the stove manufacture?

I am installing a 4 inch stainless liner in the existing chimney. I assume I would have to pull the liner through the existing thimble? I do have someone with knowledge helping but trying to get everything I need before the weekend.

Last edited:
Did you ask the liner manufacture if they offer a kit for the thimble?

A 4" thimble connection seems very small. What is the required flue size from the stove manufacture?

should have been clearer. I swapped out a wood stove for a pellet stove. I was able to find the adapter I need to fill the hole!

Congrats. God luck with your new appliance.