New Harman P43 on its way plus DIY stove pad

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffs613

Sep 6, 2013
North East CT
Hey Everyone,
I'm new to the forum but I've been lurking for a couple months now. Anyway just thought I'd introduce myself, share my DIY stove pad and get some feedback. As for the Harman P43 I'll be doing a self install with selkirk out at up 4 feet vent. Any install tips would be appreciated. An OAK is part of the plan but I have not purchased one yet. Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_4210.JPG
    IMG_4210.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 1,375
  • IMG_4218.JPG
    IMG_4218.JPG
    174.6 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_4219.JPG
    IMG_4219.JPG
    202 KB · Views: 1,087
  • IMG_4230.jpg
    IMG_4230.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 261
Reactions: smoke show
Pad looks good. If you put a piece of loop carpet upside down under it you should be able to move the stove around easily for when you want to service without being a contortionist.

Thanks, I ended up putting those small 1 inch or so felt pads about every 6 inches under the pad, its fairly easy to move now but I'm not so sure how easy it will be with the stove on it.

THanks for the post and hearth idea Jeff! Could you list the material?? Thanks!

You add 300 plus pounds on and things will change. Carpet idea was mentioned by another member just recently. I have to make a hearth for the Elena with burning season probably only a month away.:(

Materials List for Stove Pad:

1/2in OSB for the base
3/4" Oak quarter round for the trim
18" Tiles from Lowes "Aspen Sunset"
1/4" HardiBacker board
1/2" screws for attaching the HardiBacker to the OSB
Universal Tile Adhesive 1Gal
Gray Grout
Felt Pads for under base
Black Rustoleum Paint

Awesome thanks Jeff!

Status