New Hear* Whitfield Pellet Stove. Should i buy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jg29383

Nov 21, 2017
Southern Maryland
Hello I am not sure i am posting this in the right location and i hope someone will help me out. I have never owned a pellet insert before and i am looking to start used as the cost of new is so high. I have found a used Whitfield which i believe is an advantage model. The owner is asking $600 for it and it does look very nice in the pictures. I am thinking the unit is from the early 1990's but not positive. Can anyone give any insight on this please. I am supposed to go look at the unit tomorrow. Thanks in advance. The picture is of the information on the back of the unit.
Pellet stove.jpg

Does this have a stand ?

Are the controls button or dials ?

Just looked at the cover photo.. this is for a fireplace insert. You may need a chimney going all the way to the top of the fireplace.