New Hearthstone Clydesdale 8492 Insert Review

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
So maybe I wasn't clear. The kiln dried is bagged kindling sticks. I was shocked when it didn't register. they are only about 3/4" square. They do burn perfectly. Yes, I did split the cordwood piece before I measured and the claim from the supplier was that the 2 cords I bought had been cut and split one year ago last August so it was seasoned a little over a year. Mostly oak, some maple and some birch and that's the stuff at 15%. The other that I said was 10% has been cut and staked on a rack for over two years in my back yard, on crushed stone and covered.

So maybe I wasn't clear. The kiln dried is bagged kindling sticks. I was shocked when it didn't register. they are only about 3/4" square. They do burn perfectly. Yes, I did split the cordwood piece before I measured and the claim from the supplier was that the 2 cords I bought had been cut and split one year ago last August so it was seasoned a little over a year. Mostly oak, some maple and some birch and that's the stuff at 15%. The other that I said was 10% has been cut and staked on a rack for over two years in my back yard, on crushed stone and covered.

Sounds like you found one of the rare good dealers out there! Don't loose his number!

I realized that I never posted pics of my stove. This is from today.

hearthstone.jpg hearthstone2.jpg

Reactions: begreen
Great balls o' fire!