New heating system

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeonMSPT

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Here is it... Burnham V8-4, firing at 130K, ten zones, indirect hot water heater, and piping. New Yorker WC90, bare, and nearly there.... tomorrow the contractor comes back and we're going to get it wired and fired. My brother runs a garbage business. A customer asked for an estimate on hauling off her coal, from a bin that fell apart because of rot. He figured a pickup truck load... Hauled a load the other day, I think about 1,500 pounds. Filled nearly four 55 gallon barrels with what I hauled, and there is that much left.

Hauled some in 27 gallon trash cans.... all I wanted to lift them from the tailgate and set them on the ground. Wouldn't dare try it with 55 gallon barrel full, figure must weigh nearly 500 pounds. It's chestnut anthracite, some dust and leaves but overall fairly clean. I think it'll work and it was free for the taking. Must be nearly a ton and a half there.

Magsafe valve is pumped into the main zone on the first floor of the house. Overheat zone is a Modine and the front entryway of the building. It's a three unit apartment building so a little extra heat by the entry door is a decent idea anyway. The heat will go to the second floor hallway.... and apartments eventually. Piped in 1 and 1/4 inch iron.... and copper, no PEX. Expensive, but right and shouldn't be coming apart on me anytime soon.

Weather is turning here, quickly, and I expect I should be able to do a few test fires and cycles on wood, then as the weather allows, switch over to coal for awhile.

Attachments

• Boiler2.jpg
    Boiler2.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 178
  • Boiler1.jpg
    Boiler1.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 193
  • Boiler3.jpg
    Boiler3.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 198
  • WC90bare.jpg
    WC90bare.jpg