New here, help please. Pellet stove clicks w/digital thermostat.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Brandykwhitney

Jan 23, 2021
Michigan
Has anyone else experienced an issue like this?... On hooking up my Quadrafire CB pellet stove to a Sensi digital thermostat, the stove starts up but then makes a clicking noise (that seems to be coming from the control panel a.k.a. Motherboard of the stove) on start up a few times and then it seems to run fine. The Quadrafire has two wires which I connected to the RH and W/WE terminals of the thermostat. Because there is no C wire, I wired it up to a 24V external transformer to the RC and C terminals. I cut/removed the jumper wire from the RC/RH terminals. I have set the thermostat to the following settings: “outdoor” setting to ACO (heat only) mode and the “indoor” setting to the EL1 (single stage” mode). Like I said, runs fine, just don’t want to fry the motherboard of my stove. Is this a probability? Or should I just run it??

Did you run a relay to separate the stove from 24v. CB1200 uses a millivolt tstat the board is not compatible with 24v , it will damage the board

Last edited:
Did you run a relay to separate the stove from 24v. CB1200 uses a millivolt tstat the board is not compatible with 24v , it will damage the board
Thank you for this information. I am not familiar with relays, I am a layman. Is a relay something I can add to get it to work safely with my stove? Is there a type of relay you would recommend?

there has been a few on here that have adapted the wifi stats i'm sure one will have a number for you. did you run the stove long on the 24V ? always check your manual before adding things, the control boards are ungodly finicky to voltages

there has been a few on here that have adapted the wifi stats i'm sure one will have a number for you. did you run the stove long on the 24V ? always check your manual before adding things, the control boards are ungodly finicky to voltages
No, actually tried to run it on the 24v and it clicked, I disconnected it. Put batteries in the thermostat instead and hooked it back up after changing the thermostat settings. Ran it with the batteries, it still clicked briefly twice (only on call
for heat) then ran fine for like 20 minutes. Shut it off and went to bed (it’s in the garage so doesn’t run all the time). Won’t hook it back up until I get it straightened out. Thanks for your input! I definitely don’t want to wreck my motherboard!!