New Hobby.... Archery.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Mathews FX.....yeah, it's older, but it's pretty damn nice for hunting with. Small, light, and packs a mean punch.
I haven't shot it in two years, been busy working on my abode.....but I'll be dusting it off later this summer and I'll be in a tree come deer season again with the old girl....

I made a targe with some All-thread, two 2' x 2' pieces of 3/8 plywood, and a stack of 1/4' foam packing material. Layer the stack of foam up between the two boards, use allthread at all four corners to bolt it down. Works great with broadheads too, but DON'T use it til you got the bow shot in good!

Thanks for the laugh, Tbuff....I think my daughter has a couple old Cabbage Patch kids laying around here somewhere.....hmmm....

Not into Archery but used to be huge into paintball. What gun(s) did you sell and whats still in your collection?

I have a Mathews FX.....yeah, it's older, but it's pretty damn nice for hunting with. Small, light, and packs a mean punch.
I haven't shot it in two years, been busy working on my abode.....but I'll be dusting it off later this summer and I'll be in a tree come deer season again with the old girl....

I made a targe with some All-thread, two 2' x 2' pieces of 3/8 plywood, and a stack of 1/4' foam packing material. Layer the stack of foam up between the two boards, use allthread at all four corners to bolt it down. Works great with broadheads too, but DON'T use it til you got the bow shot in good!

Thanks for the laugh, Tbuff....I think my daughter has a couple old Cabbage Patch kids laying around here somewhere.....hmmm....

Thanks Scotty! Haha, shooting cabbage patches would be a little weird... Lol! As if Elmo is any better!

Not into Archery but used to be huge into paintball. What gun(s) did you sell and whats still in your collection?
Traded a 2nd generation invert mini special edition with on/off Asa.

I currently have:

2- Plantet Eclipse Ego11- 1 hunter, 1 elemental
2003 bob long intimidator
2010 Etek
And a bunch of old spyders....

I was part of a planet eclipse sponsored team so I've shot pretty much every Planet Eclipse marker.

You?

3 Aka excaliburs
Stock 2004? era autococker with swing trigger
2005 or so era electro autococker
98 autococker with slide trigger my first gun that i can't part with.

Stopped playing competitively 10 years ago. Used to play for Western Massacre and Evil Inside in the NEPL. Did WPF in 2001 playing in skyball, walt disney world of sports and one other.

Was gonna start playing again this year after like a 5 year break just rec ball, don't like the tournament scene anymore

COOL setups there... I remember when we learned archery in the boy scouts, we just used simple recurve bows and I was never any good, but it was fun. We even had a field archery course through the woods with fake animal targets (bet they cant do that today for PC reasons :( )

Anyway years later one of my college buddies who was big into archery let me try his compound bow... something like a 50 or 60lb draw weight (which I gather is not big) and OMG that thing hurt my shoulder... My hats off to bow hunters thats a work out...

Reactions: tbuff
My son wanted to do some archery, so we've kind of taken it up together. It's a lot of fun.

280r1wl.jpg

COOL setups there... I remember when we learned archery in the boy scouts, we just used simple recurve bows and I was never any good, but it was fun. We even had a field archery course through the woods with fake animal targets (bet they cant do that today for PC reasons :( )

Anyway years later one of my college buddies who was big into archery let me try his compound bow... something like a 50 or 60lb draw weight (which I gather is not big) and OMG that thing hurt my shoulder... My hats off to bow hunters thats a work out...
I am not sure about schools, but most of the sportsman clubs have 3D courses set up with foam animal tagets.There are many competitive shoots held, on a local and national level.

Reactions: ScotO
Yes there are 3D shoots all around here, some of them indoor, some of them outdoor during the spring and summer.....
I just enjoy the little bit of shooting I do in the fall (to get ready for hunting season) and going in the woods to sit in the treestand for a few hours here and there. Nothing like being up in a tree in late autumn, with the sights and smells of the woods....

Status
Not open for further replies.