New insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
The largest insert I could fit in the fireplace would be my biggest reasoning when shopping, also planning a black off plate and insulated liner regardless how good my chimney is.

There are a dozen different reasons for preferring one stove or another. They range from what fits, to what the dealer has, to how the insert will be used, to what my wife likes. What are your reasons for wanting an insert?

Reactions: Dix
What BG said.

I debated free standing stove verses insert for a while.

Reactions: Dix
And ended up getting both!
I have a insert now and beautiful stone work around where a fireplace use to exist so that is why a insert is one brand preferred over another the house is a secondary weekend home on the western end of Lake Erie the heating is just nice when we go up this time of year I am looking at something more efficient then my enerzone solution 1.8 insert that is there now just in process of looking but not sure what is out there to hear the home it is approximately 1000 square feet right on the water so the house is the first wind break coming off the lake so it gets a little drafty at times