New insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

retainingwall

Feb 1, 2014
Southern Maryland
I want to replace my 20 year old Breckwell P24i . A local dealer has the Harman Accentra, Quadra fire Trekker, and Regancy GCI 60 on sale. Any recommendations? The insert is in my family room which has 18’ ceilings and I have about 3200 sq ft. to heat. My Breckwell still works but it’s time for an upgrade.

Personally now is not the time to replace something that’s working. Supply is really tight on all solid fuel appliances. Tax credit has been extended 10 years so I think there will me some good pellet designs that qualify soon.

I’m partial to quadrafire because it’s what I know and has been running for 15+ years at a ton for the first 8. Now it’s luck to see 10 bags a year.

Personally now is not the time to replace something that’s working. Supply is really tight on all solid fuel appliances. Tax credit has been extended 10 years so I think there will me some good pellet designs that qualify soon.

I’m partial to quadrafire because it’s what I know and has been running for 15+ years at a ton for the first 8. Now it’s luck to see 10 bags a year.
Thanks for your comment. The store has them in stock. It is regular price if you order one. It’s a pain to clean the insert I have now. Is the Quadrafire pretty easy to clean?

Thanks for your comment. The store has them in stock. It is regular price if you order one. It’s a pain to clean the insert I have now. Is the Quadrafire pretty easy to clean?
Daily/weekly is simple yes. I don’t remember how the inserts clean the convention and combustion blowers. My uncle got the insert same time as we got the stove.

Maybe someone else can chime in with regards to cleaning blower on the insert.

Reactions: retainingwall