New install pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

devinsdad

Hearth Supporter
Sep 25, 2009
northern NY
Finally figured out how to resize the pics using paint . Figured I'd post a couple of pics . I like the way it used to look with the arch but was concerned about trapping heat above the arch and burning down the house. Pic 1 . I have an old post on here about the charred wood above the ceiling. :bug: but I'm sure that was from the bad chimney set up . probably never would have did the install myself without this forums help. Thanks

Attachments

• New install pics
    301.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 960
This is the before picture, yes? Clearances to combustibles appear to be far below code and the stove looks like it's been run hot and long.

Devin looks like a great little guy.

and the new

Attachments

• New install pics
    IMG_0777.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 931
Schweet!

devinsdad said:
and the new

There ya go. Way better. Time to update the signature.

Ah yes, I missed that. Kuma bay ya.

I'm betting you have a beautiful home there as I can see it is log. Excellent.

What is behind the stove? The photos seem to distort what it is. From how I see it it looks almost like wallpaper made to look like wood paneling, but I don't think that is the case. And is that a window behind that stove or a mirror? Something in that photo is messing with my eyes and I can't figure it out.

The rear wall is actually bronze colored metal roofing installed on some spacers as the ribs in the metal allow for airflow. Then I cut 2 12" pieces to finish off around the window and put that over the other. The wife wants a curtain on the window but I think it is too close. it is outside the 6" minimum though. As for the "logs" they are cedar slabs installed on a stick framed wall throughout the kitchen.

Attachments

• New install pics
    IMG_0780.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 441
That is a veritable 'Temple of fire'. Nice work. What creates the moulding effect on the horizontal pieces?

devinsdad said:
The rear wall is actually bronze colored metal roofing installed on some spacers as the ribs in the metal allow for airflow.

That is sweet, nice touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.