New & looking for the right stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deecoco

Jul 15, 2008
Catskills NY
I live in upstate NY. I am looking to buy a pelllet stove for my Tile Showroom., which is approx. 1400 sf with high ceilings and NO insulation between the walls! Cost me $900. a month last winter to heat the place and it was still FREEZING!!!
What would be a very Low maintence, easy to use pellet stove suggestion? I will be operating it myself (female) and want easy to use operation. No ornate trims just a stove to supplement the heat problem. Suggestions, please. I can get Quadra, Lopi & Avalon Stoves where I am.

all three you mentioned are excellent product lines. i would suggest about half again the heating capacity of your shop due to the uninsulated walls , probably a lot of open air , and hard surfaces like tile tend to need more heat to get them receptive to warming up , look for somthing in the 50Kbtu or higher range and preferrably able to heat up to 2K to 2200 sq ft. preferrable more if available.

hope this helps ya

Status
Not open for further replies.