New Lopi Lyden Owner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poughkeepsie Lopi Leyden

Hearth Supporter
Dec 4, 2008
Hudson Valley New York
Folks: New to the site. I had a Loypi Lyden installed back on 10/1/2008. Came with 2 tons of "PA Pellets, LLC" never heard of them. Anywho, the stove works great except for the ocasional jam due to the fuel gate. I've been operating the stove on low heat and low fan to heat a 1,200 sq ranch. Heat ou tput in great. The one issue I have would be lots of ash and some clinkers on the left and right side in the actual firepot. I've tinkered with the air restrictor and seem to get the same results except when I open the restrictor a wee bit I have much more ash outside the pot but still a good amount in the firepot. The manual suggest keeping the restrictor closed when burning on low so maybe this is what is expected when set on a low burn. Any thoughts? In additions and comments on PA Pellets, LLC ? Sold as premium pellets but seem to be missing that real wood smell when the bag is opened.

Thanks much.

First of all, welcome to the forum. This is a great place to get answers to questions, and there a lot of great people on here. I'm in your area too....I'm in New Windsor, and have an Avalon Astoria.

Now, about your stove, in regards to the fuel gate, has your dealer contacted you about removing it? Travis Industries has told all dealers to remove the gate. Or you can do it yourself....it will eliminate the jamming problem.

As for the ash, keep the air restrictor open enough to let the air blow the ash out of the firepot. When my stove heat setting is on the 2nd green light, I have the air rod at about # 1 1/2. The higher the heat setting, the more air you need.

Anyway, welcome, and don't hesitate to ask questions.

When i ran my Leyden on low , i had to wash my stove windows everyday, now i run on either 2nd low or 1st medium & only have to vac the windows . The airwash on low is terrible , the higher up you go, the less the windows get sooted . Also i run the fan 2 speeds up from the heat setting . I've been tweeking the air restrictor just a bit . The heat output is really great . Hang in there cause there is a learning curve . As you'll see on many of these posts, the cleaner your stove the more efficient. Good luck & happy burning , it's worth it. Muss

Folks: Thanks for the warm welcome! I took the fuel gate off today and I'm tweaking the restrictor along with moving to heat output low#2 and the same for the fan. I'll be tinkering all weekend to see what works best and I'll let you all know. Any comments of PA Pellets? I'm hoping I'm not burining sub-premium pellets.

Status
Not open for further replies.