New Mt Vernon owner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleepy

Jan 23, 2008
Western Pa.
Great forum. Thanks to everyone here. I am new to burning pellets and this forum has been a great source of info. Thanks to the search feature, I have had all but one question answered. I bought a Mt. Vernon AE 2 weeks ago. It is actually a 2006 model, but despite all I have read about the early models, it has worked well. On high it seems to have too much flame and the height adjustment has little or no effect and at the same time I get the humming/resonance noise I have read about. But since the stove rarely fires on high in the automatic setting where I keep it most of the time, I haven't been too concerned. I know a newer board/wall control will probably tale care of this. The dealer is a friend of mine and I might ask him to look into it.
The one thing I would like to know is this: I found a 4-position rotary switch on the control board (visable from underneath the stove) and can find no info on it. There is a knob in the center of the board with a slot in it and an arrow pointing to: 0 1 2 3. It is now set on 0.

Anyone know what this is?

On the boards for the other units that is used to change the boards function from one stove to another. I assume this one does the same thing. Since that board is only used in the Mt Vernon AE right now I would not change it. I noticed that as well but was scared to turn it.

The rumbling can be fixed with the air intake baffle and a new control board and wall stat. The flame height issues also are mostly fixed with the new control board as well. The flame height on the AE is a lot bigger than other pellet stoves and its not uncommon for it to lick the heat exchanger baffle on the top.

If your dealer starts a case using your serial number Quadrafire should replace/provide any parts they think it needs under warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.