New old question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

banjorene

Hearth Supporter
Jan 22, 2009
NE CT
I own a breckwell p2700 the convection blower shuts down when running the stove on #4 for around one and a half hours.
I have cleaned the stove completly inside and out I changed the high heat limit switch and it works longer around 3 hours before shutting down again. After it shuts down the stove cools down and the blower comes back on.The blower will shut sooner if I put the rear panel back on the stove.The convection blower motor does get too hot to touch and the top of the stove gets hot which is something I never noticed before.
The top of the stove toward the back of the stove use to only get warm and not hot.
I want to be 100% sure it's a blower problem before I order one.
The blower fan turns free by hand when the blower shuts down.
I have not noticed if the auger stops feeding pellets when this happens but i think it does.
Any help would be great
The stove is 3 years old this is the 4th season using it.Everything works great on #1,2,and 3
Thank You
Rene

Rene,

I just went through this with my stove which was new this year.

From what you are saying it sounds like your convection blower is thermalling off and a short time later the high temperature limit trips shutting the stove down.

I'd say you need a new convection blower or perhaps some good quality high temperature blower oil. It would depend upon the particular blower.

One of these days the folks who make the blower motors and or the folks who make the stoves will really get a clue.

Thanks for the reply,I just ordered a blower after fooling with this for 4 days now and coming up with the same answers NEED COVECTION BLOWER.
I also oiled the crap out of it so I'm sure thats not the trouble.
I guess this being the 4th season I can't complain I've seen some post that the poor guy is replacing the blower the first year.
I hope this next blower 4 seasons like this one has.

It could also be dirt build up that has gotten to the bearings.

Well I have had both blowers replaced on this stove and it looks like the stove dude will be coming back. When he replaced the combustion blower, they sent him the entire blower assembly. He just replaced the impeller and motor.

Now once the stove shuts down any remaining smoldering results in smoke leakage through the motor bushing. The new impeller is a bit different than the older one and blocks a lot of my natural draft when the fan stops.

So for now I have to do a hot clean out, not exactly fun, but I'm used to it.

Thanks,I'll have a new convection blower in a week I just hope it fixes the problem and it last has long as the first one
Rene

Status
Not open for further replies.