New Oslo - Cracked Firebrick Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

senorFrog

Aug 31, 2006
Hey, Just got my new Oslo delivered, not yet installed.

Noticed that one of the firebricks in the back of the stove is cracked and very loose. The firebricks stand on end. The other three do not move at all. Crack goes from left to right, horizontally across the firebrick. It isn't that deep yet.

What do you guys think, swap stove out now before it's hooked up? Hate to spend all that money and not be satisfied or have issues down the road.

senorFrog said:
Hey, Just got my new Oslo delivered, not yet installed.

Noticed that one of the firebricks in the back of the stove is cracked and very loose. The firebricks stand on end. The other three do not move at all. Crack goes from left to right, horizontally across the firebrick. It isn't that deep yet.

What do you guys think, swap stove out now before it's hooked up? Hate to spend all that money and not be satisfied or have issues down the road.

I wouldn't send a stove back just for a cracked firebrick. If that is the only thing wrong with it just tell the dealerto get a replacement for the brick. They get cracked in shipping sometimes.

Yeh, I just don't see how they could possibly replace it without tearing it apart, breaking all the factory mortar mix. I def wouln't be satisified with a swap out.

I agree with BrotherBart. It would be like asking for a replacement car because you notice that one of the tires is a little low on air when you take delivery.

Hmmm... From page 41 of the F500 owner's manual:

"• The bricks at the back are easy to change. Simply lift up a
little and pull out."

BrotherBart said:
Hmmm... From page 41 of the F500 owner's manual:

"• The bricks at the back are easy to change. Simply lift up a
little and pull out."

Okay, that would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.