New owner of a p35i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoothbore26

Mar 26, 2012
Hello, I new to the forums and have to say thank you first ,before I purchased the insert I read up on lots of threads all which helped the experience . I'm in southern ct with a full brick with no insulation on any outside walls. After 3 yrs with average cost of oil around 1500.00 for the season with a temp around 62 I've decided to go with the harman p35i . We now have a comfy home temps around 69 first floor and 67 up stairs (cape style) . That's on I believe a low to med setting . I'm still playing around with the settings . Now I just have to learn the ins and outs of the pellet buying . I will post a picture

Congrats and glad you are enjoying it.

So you mean to say you live in a house with brick walls that have no insulation? if so, wow.

Looking forward to the pics.

what i meant to say was its a full thickness brick home, plaster walls inside however there is no insulation between the plaster and brick . here is a picture stove 2.jpg

Congrats.. I've had the same stove since january and am very pleased with it. (Keep it clean!)

Wow thats beautiful, I love the brick work on the fire place, and that fire is rolling. Congrats and now you and your faimly will be nice and warm.

Sounds like your stove is doing it's job in keeping you warmer. Now that that's out of the way, you have to insulate. I'm guessing your house has some age to it. Even with brick on the outside, I am sure there are ways to get insulation in those walls. Maybe from the inside. Check the ceiling also, if you haven't done it. Might not be a bad idea to have one of those energy audits. If you look hard enough, sometimes the state or utility companies offer those for free or reduced cost.

Good luck

Tom C.

Status
Not open for further replies.