New P68 finally Installed!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlaskaCub

Apr 4, 2008
Interior Alaska
Well I just got done wth the final touches on my P68 install and though it was wonderful when I finally got it going, I had serious issues with my house being sealed too tightly and not having installed an Outside Fresh air inlet. It smoked badly when I initially started it up and once I opened a door in the house the smoke went up up and away. The sound of the P68 is very soothing and it raised the temp in my living room (which is not little) 3 degrees in 20 minutes which isn't bad considering I had the door open for a while and its 50 degrees outside. I only ran a small batch of pellets through to make sure I had no leaks in my vent piping that I installed and the door glass was sealed properly. This is gonna be a very nice welcome to my home for this coming winter, I just need to find out what kind of fresh air kit will work and where to get it. To all those that have helped me out by answering some of my questions, thanks.

Congratulations!!
We had a chance to buy a P68 used, but his neighbor snagged it.
Oh well, the P61A should here in a few weeks.

Our installer in not going with an outside fresh air kit.
He said it depends on how new/tight the house is.
Ours was built in 1968 with 2x4 walls and marginal insulation. (24X32 Cape 900 gal/yr)

3 degrees in 20 min sounds good. What size room?

Good luck and stay warm!

Congrats! on your new bouncing baby P68. I also just has one installed on Wednesday of this week.

I hope it brings both of us many years of warmth and satisfaction.

[quote author="AlaskaCub" date="1218184387"]

I had serious issues with my house being sealed too tightly and not having installed an Outside Fresh air inlet. It smoked badly when I initially started it up and once I opened a door in the house the smoke went up up and away. I just need to find out what kind of fresh air kit will work and where to get it. /quote]

The above issue might serve as a good example of why Englander stoves adamantly require a OAK with their products.

Status
Not open for further replies.