New PE Neo 1.6 Stove - Temporary Pad

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JulesinAK

Nov 9, 2013
SE Alaska
We are looking at ordering a new Pacific Energy NEO 1.6 free standing stove next week. We only have 1 local stove shop and they recommend this as a good one for our needs.
Does anyone have experience with this stove? I searched the site and found a lot of inserts but could not find a thread on the free standing stove.
Second question: what would be a good temporary pad to use for this stove? We currently have carpet and will be replacing floors in the next year or 2. It seems this stove does not need much in the way of R value (please forgive my lack of knowledge on this). Can we just place a few temporary large tile pieces under it until we are ready for our permanent hearth?
I appreciate any thoughts you have to share.

Thank you!
Jules

Loose tiles could be used but they will need something to prevent any embers dropping down between tiles. A sheet of metal under then would do it. Or you could just use the metal alone as long as it is properly sized.

Begreen, thank you very much for your reply. I think the pieces of sheet metal idea is a really good one for our temporary needs. Now to find one :)
Jules

Thanks for the info. I will check with local plumbing stores.

Jules
Arent there any sheetmetal shops or metal supply places near you? They are all over here.