New Pellet Co in Fitchburg, MA $225/ton for one day

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbean1025

Mar 21, 2007
Southern New Hampshire
I don't know much about the pellets but on June 13th from 1 to 5 pm the following company will be having an open house and selling pellets for $225/ton during the event. They are hardwood pellets.

Creative Biomass Inc
22 Kimball Place
Fitchburg, MA
creativebiomass.com

I will post any new info that I can find.

I'm glad you posted. Pellets from Fitchburg would probably show up in southern New Hampshire and in here northeast Mass. If you go, maybe you could say what you think of the place, where their wood comes from, what they say their regular prices will be - - that kind of information. Too bad it'll be in June so you can't try a few of their bags.

PDK9 where did you find that info I wrote a post on that plant a few months ago and havent heard anything else from them,225 a ton is a good price around these parts too bad I already have my 5 ton for next year,maybe I will grab a couple more that should get into the pellet pig club ;-)

mnkywrnch said:
PDK9 where did you find that info I wrote a post on that plant a few months ago and havent heard anything else from them,225 a ton is a good price around these parts too bad I already have my 5 ton for next year,maybe I will grab a couple more that should get into the pellet pig club ;-)

Yea, I'm interested in this too.. I'm real close by to this location, and I'll most likely to make it to the event just to see the plant. But I am interested in the pellets too, as at 225 is quite a desirable price. (but it will be an unknown pellet from a new plant)

Both of the owners live in the town that I work in. I received the info. directly from them. I will try to get a few bags to burn before the event and post results. If nothing else, they will have a train that the kids can drive in the yard during the event!!! I believe their website has current contact info. Their names are Shawn and Kevin.

ducker said:
Looks like they have updated their website.
http://creativebiomass.com/

Order premium hardwood pellets for only $225/ton!
June 13th only. No limit! Delivery available

so the question is do I get my 4 tons from here? or split it or what... hmmmmm
I already have my pellets for next year but a friend of mine in gardner needs 2.5 more tons for him self so I figured I buy the other half of the third ton,just to give them a try. I work in fitchburg and drive by the plant every day ,they just received a huge shipment of pallets,must be getting ready to package the pellets.

well I bounced them a note to see what the delivery charge would be to the next town over. I guess depending on what they say, I maybe or may not get some or all of them from there...

Otherwise I'll just get some NEWP and maybe a few bags from that new local mill to test out.

Few questions...
Are they just taking orders on 13th or can you / must you pick up pellets that day?
Anyone know if there is sales tax on pellets in MA?

Kinda weird they are pushing price to open and on the website with no explaination of who they are, what their pellet is, Etc.

Good price though.

I figured they are taking orders on that day for pick up or delivery at a later date. Although it's just speculation.

You know, what I might do is go to check it out, and perhaps they will have some pellets there, and I can look at a bag to see how they look.

they are a new comapny i remembering reading about it somewhere (maybe here) i believe they bought that plant that was used for something else but did have a rail line that went into it...
they were able to save a lotta of the stuff from the old plant and converted it into a pellet place:)

mascoma said:
Few questions...
Are they just taking orders on 13th or can you / must you pick up pellets that day?
Anyone know if there is sales tax on pellets in MA?

Kinda weird they are pushing price to open and on the website with no explaination of who they are, what their pellet is, Etc.

Good price though.

No tax on pellets in MA.

I just sent an e-mail for more details. I used to live in Fitchburg and this is the old United Cooperative Farmers feed plant. They have rail service at the plant. I can't believe that they are up and running so fast. The price is really good but guess that I would be a little wary of buying a whole ton from a start up operation. I will probably take a ride down to the event in any case.

Darn ! Just got off my lazy duff and bought on Friday !!! NEWP for $275 3 tons ... cheap delivery.

Oh well, I'm next door so this looks good for the future.

now if someone would build a pellet plant near my house.

I spoke with them today. No pellets to buy yet so no way to burn a bag. Nor sure if I want to buy 4-5 tons with no test bag. $140 for delivery of up to 10 tons (I live 20 miles away).

Eddy

eddyburns said:
I spoke with them today. No pellets to buy yet so no way to burn a bag. Nor sure if I want to buy 4-5 tons with no test bag. $140 for delivery of up to 10 tons (I live 20 miles away).

Eddy

140 for delivery????
that makes it 300 a ton!

something like high delivery charges will make it a lot easier for me to not try their pellets... we'll see what I find out when I stop by there on Saturday.

ducker said:
something like high delivery charges will make it a lot easier for me to not try their pellets... we'll see what I find out when I stop by there on Saturday.
I couldnt agree more $140 delivery charge for a unknown product is crazy,not bad if you get 10 ton,but if you only need a couple thats horrible!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.