New Pics Jotul F500

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbrown56

Feeling the Heat
Oct 18, 2007
bedford nh
Just wanted to post some pictures, first new stove in 26 years. Been running for almost four weeks now.

Attachments

• IMG_0360thumb.jpg
    IMG_0360thumb.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 690
  • IMG_0361thumb.jpg
    IMG_0361thumb.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 725
  • IMG_0362thumb.jpg
    IMG_0362thumb.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 703
  • IMG_0364thumb.jpg
    IMG_0364thumb.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 673
  • thumbnailstove.jpg
    thumbnailstove.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 635
Very nice. Do you ever get any smoke rolling out when you put wood in? I'm surprised at how quickly you can put a 90° elbow off that unit - cool!

If I open the side door with the damper closed less than half way and the wood is not chared yet, it will smoke just a tiny bit.
I always had really good draft with the old "smoke dragon" and I'm still drafting into the 8 x 12 flue. By next week I should
have a new rigid liner in. In theory this shouldn't work very well but it work good and with the new liner it should work great.

Status
Not open for further replies.